From the Committees
We are very honored to contribute to deepening and the development of the social enterprise research in Asia through holding of ICSEA 5th Conference.
In resent years academical discussions on social enterprises are increasing worldwide. International research conferences with social enterprises as their main themes have been opened in recent years too. The EMES which is a social enterprise researcher network mainly in Europe will be one of its advanced.
In this trend, this conference is expected to become an important opportunity to show the the latest results of this research field while deepening the cooperation among Asian social enterprise researchers.
In the first place, this conference begins with the formation of a social enterprise researcher network in East Asia. In June 2010, the 1st International Conference on International Conference on Social Enterprise in Asia (ICSEA) was held in Taipei, Taiwan (hosted by National Chung-Cheng University). After that, it has been held in East Asian countries in China (Tianjin) in 2012, Korea (Wonju) in 2014, Hong Kong in 2016, once every two years. We have built groundwork as a place for research presentations and exchanges in Asia.
What this means is that we want to clarify the possibilities and challenges of social enterprises, one of the main actors in the social economy that has attracted policy attention in Asian countries in recent years. Also, in the subtitle of the main theme, we have an intention to pay attention to the role and possibilities of social enterprises as a problem-solving entity in communities while paying attention to the relation with globalization. In addition, we have set up multiple sub-themes and want to make a wide range of research presentations related to social enterprise.
We look forward to your participation and presentation from all over the world as well as from Asia. In the first place, this conference begins with the formation of a social enterprise researcher network in East Asia.
Social enterprise and social economy in Asia: Inclusive local community and global civil society
- Social Enterprises and Social Entrepreneurship in Asian context
- Conceptions and Models of Social Innovation
- Social Innovation in various services or settings: social welfare, health, education, environmental protection etc.
- Social Finance & Impact Investment and other new initiatives
- Cross-sector Collaboration, Public, private partnership (PPP)
- Social Impacts of SE and their Measurement
Science Committee (as of May. 1)
- Chikamoto, Satoko (Consumer Co-operative Institute of Japan, Japan)
- Fujii, Atsushi （Rikkyo University, Japan)
- Imamura, Hajime (Toyo University, Japan)
- Kuan, Yu-Yuan (National Chung Cheng University, Taiwan)
- Kurimoto, Akira (Hosei University, Japan)
- Makino, Matsuyo (University of Hyogo, Japan)
- Nakano, Osamu (Japan Workers’ Co-operative Union, Japan)
- Yonezawa, Akira (Meiji Gakuin University, Japan)
- (Other members will be added sequentially)
Conference Organizing Committee
- Akiyoshi, Megumi (Ritsumeikan University, Japan)
- Hashimoto, Satoru (Kansai University, Japan)
- Iwamitsu, Kenji (Okayama Prefecture University, Japan)
- Kaneko, Katsunori (Osaka City University, Japan)
- Kawanishi, Eiji (Ritsumeikan University, Japan)
- Kurimoto, Yumi (Osaka City University, Japan)
- Matsumoto, Noriko (Komazawa University, Japan)
- Nakao, Koichi (Prefectural University of Hiroshima, Japan)
- Sakurai, Junri (Ritsumeikan University, Japan)
- Sakurai, Masanari (Ritsumeikan University, Japan)
- Samurakouchi, Tsutomu (Ritsumeikan University, Japan)
- Sato, Katsunori (Kagawa University, Japan)
- Shibata, Manabu (Kinjo Gakuin University, Japan)
- The Research and Development on Regional Information Institute in Ritsumeikan University (RDIRI) (Host)
- CIRIEC Japan (Japan branch of the Centre Interdisciplinaire de Recherche et d’Information sur les Entreprises Collectives, International Centre of Research and Information on the Collective Economy) (Co-Host)
- Ibaraki City Social Welfare Council
- The Japan NPO Research Association (JANPORA)
- The Japanese Society for Co-operative Studies